Aging can be a beautiful process for a healthy and strong individual with no history of life-threatening or debilitating illnesses like high blood pressure, diabetes, Parkinson’s and arthritis. However for most people, certain diseases render them almost incapable of taking care of their daily needs, calling for nursing care services. In Australia alone, the number of seniors with special care needs is on the rise. This explains the ever increasing demand for aged care services either at home or in nursing care facilities.
Aged care services come in many forms and it is up to individuals to identify the types of care needs that will suit them. At the moment, most boomers prefer home based care because this way, they are able to stay in touch with friends and relatives and enjoy freedom that comes with getting assistance from the comforts of the home.
Types of Home Care Services
- Personalized Care – With advancing age, most people are unable to take a bath, wash clothes and even put on dresses. When seeking home based aged care services of this magnitude, ensure they are tailored to suit a senior’s needs, more so if the said person is almost helpless.
- Domestic Work – When a boomer is too frail to take care of personal needs, it becomes almost impossible to care for the home. Yet hygiene is a matter of great importance. Before employing workers to take onto these duties, it is imperative to find out if they are well equipped with the necessary skills for the job. Most of the times, clients just pick on individuals that are keen to fill aged care vacancies advertised without looking deeply into a person’s background. Remember, providing home based care is more than home cleaning and vacuuming. There is a boomer to look after as well.
- Meal Preparation – Some elderly individuals are put on special meals due to their medical needs. Source for an in home caregiver with the necessary training to honor the special meals needs of a boomer. If possible, that someone with special training on cookery could be given the job if a senior has poor appetite. Well prepared meals are a recipe for good appetite which in turn helps boosts a patient’s immunity.
- Health Care and Nursing – Diseases that come about with old age are sometimes debilitating and may render a boomer almost incapable of so many activities. In these kinds of circumstances, an aged person needs special attention that requires more than training but compassion as well. After a doctor has prescribed medicine, it is up to the health caregiver to master the time to give medication. For these kinds of boomers, there is need for respite care too because they need plenty of rest as well. See more at Arcare Aged Care
- Companionship – Boomers need company too. For the aged with working relatives, times spent alone can make them feel lonely. There are home based caregivers that offer companionship for the seniors.
With so many home based care services offered, an individual decides on what best suits their patient’s needs. For more details, just visit http://arcare.com.au/residential-aged-care-at-arcare/.